We meet at your hotel around 9:30 in the morning and goes on till 06:00pm
- Price € 40.00
Add To Basket
The popular one-day ‘Green Tour’ will take you to historical sights found in the southern region of Cappadocia, including Kaymaklı or Derinkuyu Underground City, Ihlara Valley, ,Selime Monastery and more!
- Pickup from your hotel around 09.30am.
- First stop is Göreme Panorama viewpoint where you will be astounded by one of the best views in the region. The guide will explain just how this amazing landscape came into existence.
- Derinkuyu Underground City or Kaymaklı Underground City are the biggest and deepest underground settlements, dating back to 7th-8th centuries. Walk down 6-8 levels which are each interconnected by narrow tunnels and stone-carved stairways. See the winery, church, kitchens, food storage areas and animal stalls while your guide gives you an insight into their daily life.
- take an easy 4km walk (approx. 1 hour) along the river through the deep Ihlara Valley canyon, scattered with cave churches carved by early Christian monks.
- After walking by the river with your group, enjoy a Turkish kebab-style lunch at a riverside restaurant in Ihlara Valley.
- Selime Cathedral is the biggest rock-carved monastery in the region and was once home to Hittite, Roman, Byzantine, Seljuk and Ottoman civilizations.
- A final stop at a stunning viewpoint in Uçhisar overlooking the infamous Pigeon Valley and see the pigeon houses carved from the stone by ancient inhabitants.
- Return to your hotel approx 18.00-18.30pm.
- All entrance fees per itinerary
- Transfers from / to any cave accommodation
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- All kind of drinks
- Göreme Panorama
- Underground City
- Ihlara Canyon
- Piegon Valley
- Selime Monastery
- Art Gallery