We start the tour after we pick you up from your hotel at 9:30 in the morning goes on till 05:00pm roughly
- Tour Duration: 1 day
- Price € 65.00
Add To Basket
This shorter one-day ‘Red Tour’ will take you to historical sights found in the central and northern region of Cappadocia, including Göreme Open Museum, Love Valley, Pasabağ, Devrent Valley, Uçhisar and more!
- Pickup from your hotel around 09.30am.
- explain just how this amazing landscape came into existence.
- At Göreme Open Air museum the guide will explain the importance of Christianity and monastic life in Cappadocia before leaving you free to explore the 10th and 11th century cave churches and monasteries with beautifully painted frescoes depicting famous biblical scenes
- You will see the spectacular fairy chimneys in Love Valley. You will have a good chance to take unique photos.
- Enjoy a buffet-style lunch in Avanos, offering a wide range of Turkish food including mezes, salads, meat and vegetarian dishes and desserts.
- Still in Avanos, visit an authentic family-run pottery workshop located in Avanos. Clay from the Kızılırmak (Red) River was first used in pottery production by the Hitites prior to 1700BC and continues as an art form today. Watch a master demonstrate how to make a pot, and watch the the painters and glazers apply their delicate patterns. Have a go at the potter’s wheel yourself and make your own unique pot if you wish.
- In Paşabağı (also known as Monks Valley because of the Chapel of Saint Simeon found there) wander through the unusual clusters of multi-headed mushroom-shaped “fairy chimneys” (rock formations).
- Devrent Valley (“Imagination Valley”) - a stunning valley where you can spot natural rock formations in many recognisable shapes, including the famous camel-shaped rock. Use your imagination and see what other shapes you can find.
- Return to your hotel approx 16.00pm.
- All entrance fees per itinerary
- Transfers from / to any cave accommodation
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- All kinds drinks
- Uçhisar Castle
- Goreme Open Air Museum
- Pasabag – Monks Valley
- Devrent Valley
- Avanos Pottery workshop
- Love Valley
- Art Gallery